Re: PSA: 'apt-get update' new-Debian-release error fix

On Sat, 14 Aug 2021 20:02:51 -0400
The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> wrote:

Hello The,

>As do I. It may be possible that this is what makes the difference.

I'm almost certain that is the root of it.

I recall having to do this at the previous Debian release.   I forgot
that I'm now using a new machine built after the last release.   So glad
about your reminder.

I would have figured the solution out (I did last time, despite the
cryptic info in the man pages), but you saved me a few moments of mild
panic.

Thank you.

--
 Regards  _
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"