Re: apt-upgrade (Bullseye) shows 1 pkg not upgraded

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 08:27:03AM +1000, David wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2021 at 03:32, Jim Popovitch <jim@k4vqc.com> wrote:
>
> > apt-upgrade (Bullseye) shows 1 pkg not upgraded
>
> > How can I determine what the "1 not upgraded" package might be?
>
> Hi, I dunno if this message will be of any use, because other
> suggestions indicate that this might be due to pinning or other
> issues that I have no knowledge of.

The OP claimed they have nothing pinned, but presented no evidence to
support this claim.  Perhaps they thought that because they didn't
explicitly *pin* anything themselves, there must not be anything
pinned on their system.  So why bother looking?

They should at least look.

grep -ri pin /etc/apt

would be a reasonable starting point.

(Also, catting /etc/apt/sources.list is not sufficient to show the
absence of third-party repositories.  There's also a sources.list.d
directory.)