Re: apt-upgrade (Bullseye) shows 1 pkg not upgraded

On Wed, 11 Aug 2021 at 03:32, Jim Popovitch <jim@k4vqc.com> wrote:

> apt-upgrade (Bullseye) shows 1 pkg not upgraded

> How can I determine what the "1 not upgraded" package might be?

Hi, I dunno if this message will be of any use, because other
suggestions indicate that this might be due to pinning or other
issues that I have no knowledge of.

But something simple that I would check in this situation would
be that I would run interactive 'aptitude' as root.

If it starts up with its "Upgradeable Packages" top line
highlighted then you could press the '[' key to expand that
line and it will show the packages in question.

If not then just press 'q' to close the tab and quit.

By the way, I'm giving the keyboard hints in case you have
not used it before, to save you reading the manual,