Re: All-in-One printer: HP OfficeJet 8012

On Tue 10 Aug 2021 at 15:34:52 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Aug 2021 16:14:38 +0200
> Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> wrote:
>
> Hello Nicolas,
>
> >insanely so. The HP OfficeJet 8012 seems the most interesting available
> >at my preferred vendor (LDLC).
>
> That's the one I've got here.  Runs fine.

Very useful info.

> There's one oddity, if you use HP Device Manager - When the GUI first
> comes up, there's nothing shown.  However, after a short wait (30 secs
> max), ink levels and Actions all show.  It may be the way I've set things
> up, of course.

I can understand using HPLIP instead of driverless printing if you
had a USB connection and were on buster, but not if the device has
a network connection or is on bullseye. Does choosing to employ
HPLIP have some advantage? I know many users do the same as you do.
Surely HP in the package's name is not the incentive?

--
Brian.