Re: percent char '%' in sudoers file

On 2021-08-10 07:19, Bob Bernstein wrote:
My copy (buster amd64) of lines 23-24 of /etc/sudoers looks like this:

23 # Allow members of group sudo to execute any comm$
24 % sudo  ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

Is that '%' a comment char? The line numbers shown were provided by
nano. I know, I know, please keep reading.

I assumed also, partly because I didn't have my glasses, that "%" was a comment and deleted that line in ssh config or something on synology NAS.
Then I twigged "%" was group, but that's how we learn.
mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31