But the savings are unlimited.
BR,
Gunnar

On Fri, 6 Aug 2021, 01:20 Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside, <debian@polynamaude.com> wrote:
Hi,

On 2021-08-05 3:01 p.m., Gunnar Gervin wrote:
> My experience of life is if I criticise someone usually it's in me;
> mirroring myself; projecting.
> Something I need improve on(?).
> I got an advice that might work:
> Go to Devuan with it; Debian simplified? If it works, ok for me.
Devuan is a split from Debian because some user got pissed regarding the
use of SystemD.
> Next new computer will be built with Linux in it, probably Debian.
> Thus less, or no issues at all.It could make it easier to buy a computer with Linux already installed.
But you'll still need to learn pretty much the same as if you'd get a
computer with Windows and install Linux yourself.
Most computer have a good deal of compatibility those days.
Comparing your experience with a decade and half old MacBook against a
computer that is more recent doesn't work.

I have a HP desktop I got from a refurbished authorized seller, it used
to run Windows 7 and now is running Debian Buster, I installed 32 G of
RAM and still using the stock 2 TB HD. I've added a video card (GT 710)
but that wasn't a need, the integrated GPU from AMD was supported.

I also have a HP EliteBook G1 with 16GB and a 1 TB hard drive, runs with
the integrated GPU on a Intel Core (i5) system. Everything works great,
including the Wifi, the Bluetooth and the card reader.

Also got another laptop from Acer, old brick dating from 2012 with AMD
CPU, Radeon discrete graphic board, and all work well, Bluetooth, WiFi,
network card and card reader.

Only got to take your time to get the things right. Ideally also have
another computer so you can search for answer.

Learning is going thru errors and fixing them.
> And, Polyna, it's best to reinstall every new release. Backups are often
> best left behind; new start.
I think you didn't get right what I said (and other said too).

It is good to make backup of user data.
But it is safe to upgrade from one Debian version to another.
And it is also safe to do update on the packages themselves.

> That was a joke...
> Bye for now, Polyna & you all.
> Ain't most humans self-centered
Most human are self-centered but they have gotten maturity to know that
if you want interaction with others, then there's a need to act
accordingly to what is acceptable.

We all need to eat and we all get hungry. Does it mean this justify that
I pass in front of other waiting in a line ? No it doesn't.

Our needs are balanced against the community. That what's called living
in a society.

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside