Re: HOW change keyboard

Hi,

On 2021-08-05 4:31 a.m., Gunnar Gervin wrote:
> How do I change keyboard in Xfce desktop?
>
> History/what I did:
>
> Chosen keyboard (in setup during installation process)
> disappeared/changed into a keyboard without keys: " @ $ € "
>
> Maybe it happened  because I chose
> " i686 pae " (or similar name)
> under "advanced" (option 2) in start-up of the machine. Of course I can
> try reboot in default
> But I want try this "i686 pae", & also to see if a keyboard list is
Have you tried searching for what does "i686 PAE" means ?

PAE = Physicial Adress Extension, it's a way to access memory in your
computer.

Has nothing related to keyboard choices.

You should be able to change from one keyboard selection to another once
they are configured.

How to change keyboard layout in XFCE (1st choice after searching in Google)

https://docs.slackware.com/howtos:window_managers:keyboard_layout_in_xfce

Comes from Slackware docs but applies to Debian. It's the same XFCE,
there's not different XFCE between all the other distribution.

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside