Re: MDs & Dentists

On Sun, Aug 01, 2021 at 04:58:48PM +0300, Gunnar Gervin wrote:
> I expected that answer.
> Debian is still 1/2 of it, but kinda dysfunctional, cos of me & scam
> Trying to set up Debian in a VM in another Linux distro, with Chef
> So I cannot really see irrelevance
> of my question?? Like Nobody here knows how to fix this one, cos it's
> slightly out of D. politics?
> Geg

So: do the simple things.

1.) If you want to keep Windows - use this Windows machine or another to
produce a Windows .iso for installation using Microsoft's media creation tool to put
it onto a USB flash disk.

Use Debian boot media to delete the whole of Windows: reinstall Windows
using your new USB flash disk after removing all existing partitions on the
hard disk. If you get the chance to partition the blank disk - set aside space for a
Linux install. If not, use Windows partitioning tools to shrink Windows to
allow space for a Linux distribution. Install Windows using UEFI boot if
at all possible.

2.) Install Debian - and only Debian on the empty space. Debian should find
the Windows partition and include it into the Grub boot menu. If you choose
to install any other Linux, we may or may not be able to help you as
previously written.

Saying this because I've a machine in the room on which I did just that.
Save yourself a lot of XYZ problems by doing two things slowly and carefully.

Why you think that someone from another Linux distribution should have
scammed you / been attacking your Windows partition is your own affair.
In most instances, a clean reinstall of an operating system will help
to see them away significantly and good patching and updating is also a must.
.
You may need to consider about what makes you, especially, special enough for
someone else to try and hack you and, objectively, whether facts support this.

All the very best, as ever,

Andrew Cater