Re: suppress interactive messages at upgrade

Hans wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> is there a more clever way than running aptitude/apt-get with the tags "-yq",
> when I want to suppress interactive messages at upgrade?
>
> (The problem: I still get an ncurses warning, that the actual kernel got
> updated and the old video module (it is the nvidia kernel module) is still
> loaded.).
>
> Generally I am not interesting in warnings, only in crashs.

Have you considered running apticron or configuring
unattended-upgrades?

Those will, depending on your config choices:

- download updates and tell you about them in email, or
- download updates, apply them, and tell you about them in
  email, or
- download updates, apply them, reboot the system if necessary,
  and tell you about it in email

-dsr-