suppress interactive messages at upgrade

Hi folks,

is there a more clever way than running aptitude/apt-get with the tags "-yq",
when I want to suppress interactive messages at upgrade?

(The problem: I still get an ncurses warning, that the actual kernel got
updated and the old video module (it is the nvidia kernel module) is still
loaded.).

Generally I am not interesting in warnings, only in crashs.

Best

Hans