Re: Please help to test latest Debian 11 release candidate on real hardware

On 7/24/2021 4:14 PM, Andrey Ponomarenko wrote:
Hello!

Let's help developers to test upcoming Debian version 11 by filling out the community-driven list of tested hardware configurations: https://github.com/linuxhw/TestCoverage/tree/master/Dist/Debian_11 <https://github.com/linuxhw/TestCoverage/tree/master/Dist/Debian_11)> The development team only has a limited set of hardware for tests, but I'm sure we can find almost any configuration in the community. Anyone can easily add their computers / laptops or servers info to the list using the package https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/hw-probe <https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/hw-probe>. You can download Debian 11 release candidate on the page https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ <https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/>.
Andrey
I just added my 7-year-old ASRock Desktop running bullseye to the linuxhw database. I have been running Debian on it since Wheezy was the stable version and I have been testing bullseye on it since bullseye reached the soft freeze back in February. It works well and I just migrated bullseye to my SSD so it boots from the SSD and bullseye boots to the gnome desktop as fast as buster did from the SSD. The only issue I have seen with bullseye is that when I run bullseye as a Dom0 on the Xen hypervisor (using the Xen 4.14 package for bullseye), for some reason the system will not power down. The operating system does stop but the power stays on and I need to hit the reset button and then the power button to make it actually power down. Bullseye is the first version of Debian to exhibit this issue which only occurs when running bullseye as a Dom0 on Xen - bullseye powers down normally when running on the bare metal.

Chuck