using scanbd

The scanner works with XSane and Gimp without any configuration on my part.
I'd like to scan a load using the scanner's scan button.
Can somebody give me a quick instruction how that works ?

Installed scanbd which seems to be working in that it stopped XSane finding the scanner until I killed scanbd. I see that I can comment out the other scanners except the manufacturer in /etc/scanbd/scanbd.conf and that I can maybe comment out all the other models in /etc/scanbd/fujitsu.conf. The example script in /usr/share/doc/scanbd/examples indicates that it might save the scanned file to /tmp/scanner.test which I could change. Question is if on the right track if I scan many documents how to make the files sequentially numbered if the "example.script" is opened new each scan ?

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31