Re: How do I mount the USB stick containing the installer in Rescue Mode?

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 09:23:22AM +0200, Stella Ashburne wrote:
> What commands shall I type to find out the location of the directory where linux-image-5.10.0-7-amd64.deb is, given the fact that I'm using a USB-installer?

df
mount
cd
ls
more cd
more ls
maybe find . -name 'linux*.deb'

and so on, until you find the file.  The same way you'd find a file on
a real system, if the "locate" database is not available.

P.S. I'd avoid using mount --move.  Something may need the files to
appear in their current location, wherever that is, which is why they
were mounted there.  Use mount --bind, so the files appear in *both*
places, if that's what you need.