Re: Using fontforge to convert TrueType or OpenType fonts to PostScript Type 1

* 2021-07-26 16:15:01-0500, Tom Browder wrote:

> Can anyone show how to script the above conversion?

It's not good writing style to refer to a subject or heading. A reader
may need to skip back to it if he didn't expect it to be referred later.
Message or document content should be clear even without subject or
heading.

> I have had success creating Type 1 .pfa files using the widget
> interface, but would prefer scripting.

I hope I can help with a script I made long ago for converting font
files. My script's date stamp says 2005-11-26 and I don't remember much
about Fontforge but the script itself is simple and the code explains
itself. Give it font file names as arguments.

    #!/usr/bin/fontforge

    i = 1
    while ( i < $argc )
            Open($argv[i])