Re: Please help to test latest Debian 11 release candidate on real hardware

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 4:23 PM Andrey Ponomarenko <andrewponomarenko@yandex.ru> wrote:
Let's help developers to test upcoming Debian version 11 by filling out the community-driven list of tested hardware configurations: https://github.com/linuxhw/TestCoverage/tree/master/Dist/Debian_11

By a "Stroke of luck", I have been running "Almost Production" Bullseye systems since halfway through the Testing Process.  Any System that runs a Qemu-KVM Guest is now running on Bullseye.

I first created a Qemu-KVM Guest under Mint 20, promptly ran out of Disk Space, and so wanted to Import it to Debian (after developing a HUGE dislike of Mint 20, mainly due to their Install Process).  *However*, I was unable to Import that Qemu Guest to Buster (which I was running then), because Buster refused the Import due to a lower Release Level for Qemu.  So, I bit the Bullet and am Quite Happy with Bullseye (though there were a few Bumps, some of which were handled on this List, and one that became a Debian Bug Report).

So I will make my Entries, via that Github Link for three HP Systems and three Lenovo Laptops.  As a bonus, I will dust off an Ancient Gaming Laptop and see how far I get, adding it too.  One note:  Some are upset over Github.  I remain neutral, even to running a Windows 10 Guest on my HP Elitedesk 705 G1 under Bullseye.

 You can download Debian 11 release candidate on the page https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/.

Andrey

 Kenneth Parker