Re: [OT] Why I don't like github [was: Please help to test latest Debian 11 release candidate on real] hardware

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 03:58:13PM -0400, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
> Hi,

[...]

> In the next ten years, people will be coding less and less as we do it.
> We'll drive some AI process for coding.

For now, it's web frameworks :-/

> If you speak French, I'd suggest this video.

I'll have a look (although I tend to stay away from youtube; luckily
there's youtube-dl).

> Ethics of AI and risk to humanity.
> Without Facebook dataset, I doubt Cambridge Analytica would have been
> able to do something. And as AI become more powerful, it will be easier
> and easier to outsmart the least smart ones.

Yeah. Have a look at GPT-3 (the thing used in git copilot). It's somewhat
scary already.

Cheers
 - t