Re: MDs & Dentists

On 15-07-2021 09:32, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2021-07-14 6:58 p.m., Weaver wrote:
>> On 15-07-2021 08:30, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Have you done it ?
>>
>> No, have you?
>>
>>> What is needed to run a doctor office can you tell me ?
>>
>> That's quite a topic to cover in an email, but yes, I know.
>>
>>> Does your "suite" cover it all ?
>>
>> Never used it, have you?
>> Or is this just another example of your ability to denigrate something
>> with no evidence to support it?
>>
> If you took the time to read my previous email then you'll see that :
> I've tried and used Freediams
> I've used the software for viewing of CT Scan (can't remember the name).
> I've used the software for viewing imaging (DICOM).
>
> Shall I continue ?
>
> You seem to say many things but lack proof to support them.
>
>>> What would be the benefits for the doctor/dentist ?
>>
>> Stability and, discounting adminstration overhead, free to use.
>> Have you priced out proprietary alternatives>
>> They're _very_ expensive.

Make up your mind!

\begin{quote}

> Stability wouldn't change, we are not running Windows 95 anymore.
> Can you give me real world example where Linux would be more stable ?
>
> Don't confuse the need of a computer server and the need of a desktop
> user who's willing to reboot once a day or more. \end{quote}

> And you think that a alternative to those software for administration
> exist ? Those software have to be certified to connect to other software
> used in the office.
>
> I know the price and could give you some idea.
>
> PARAM for one user/one doctor/per year will cost you 1200$ and it's one
> of the cheapest, it's mostly the old paper form on a screen.
> Pack you data in XML, make the checksum and here you go.
>
> The software for our unified health record is supplied by the agency and
> run on Windows only. And this is similar in many settings...
> You don't buy a software, you pay for a service.
>
> I don't pay for accounting software, I pay for billing service that will
> also optimize my billing. And they supply the software.
>
> What would a specific accounting software made for doctor, that is
> updated at least monthly would cost less on Linux ?

Right!
So, it's accounting software now.
I don't know, I pay a bookkeeper and an accountant to do all that, and
it doesn't cost me anywhere near what you just quoted.
_And_ I have time for a life.
A big clue to surviving in any business.
Don't work your way into the ground.
Give yourself time for a life.
Your business will be all the better off for it.

> This is a list of all the change to our billing agreements on a day to
> day (week to week) basis...
>
> https://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/fr/professionnels/medecins-omnipraticiens/infolettres/2021/Pages/infolettres.aspx

Have you even considered options such as:

https://tinyurl.com/42km8b6n

> You still don't give me any example of a Linux software that can
> interact with the rest of the software used for health record management.
>
> Yes freediams does some part but it's really far from what a complete
> health record management do.
>
> There's no integration with medical imaging (there is but limited).
> There's lacking a bunch of medical equation that we use everyday (for
> example calculating the albumin clearance based on blood test for a
> non-hospitalised patient), etc.

I haven't avoided it at all.
I stated that looking at where descripancies lie and assessing
requirement is the way to go.
I don't see anything wrong with something like LaTeX or XML templates
for a number of different functions.

> And the biggest of all.
>
> It's not approved by any of the regulator !
>
> Because you have to use "approved solution" if you want your insurance
> to cover you. That's in the contract... Whatever "approved mean", I let
> my lawyer decide.

O.K., so why are we even talking about it?
Why is it even on the list?
Talk to the developers of the programmes concerned, lay out what you see
as issues, and how they are able to address those.
There are no such restrictive legislation/regulation here.

>>> Again, don't get into the FOSS thingy.
>>
>> I haven't.
>> But I don't see any reason to denigrate that aspect, either.
>>
> Simply it's irrelevant.
>
> It's a tool nothing more.
> It's not a religion like many of you swear over it.
> FOSS is a great thing, has many advantage. I've used Linux since the
> early 2000s (Slackware 3.3 or similar, the one before 4.0)
>
> But FOSS has no impact on the benefits to this solution, moral is not
> part of it.

Wrong!
The code is open so any intervention is recognised by a hundred thousand
and one eyes.
Bugs get fixed in a fraction of the time other software takes, putting
it off till six months down the line (minimum!), when a little
production downtime creates leeway.

>>> Don't give much about this.
>>>
>>> Computer = tool
>>> Tool = effective
>>> If I need to change my habits = Must be a really good reason
>>
>> The first step is honest assessment of requirement, which you don't
>> appear to have done.
>>
> I doubt that I haven't...
>
> Because I have...
> I even ordered the specifications for billing and web service
> interaction, made some research to get the software done.
>
> But after health record management there was many other software that
> are needed.
>
>>> I feel like all this is emotion based and no one really took time to ask
>>> themselves why won't they...
>>>
>>> Maybe because even if you have a software, if it doesn't interact with
>>> other part of the system, it's a bit useless. Like a computer on a
>>> network that doesn't speak IP...
>>
>> Then you need to look at the interaction points, see what can be done
>> about that aspect, if that is, indeed, the state.
>> Where do you get the idea it isn't?
>
> You don't seem to understand all the tools that use Windows in a office.
> My electronic stetoscope for cardiologic monitoring.
> My ottoscope that take pictures of inside of the ears.
> My medication analysis / management, it also interact with my health
> record management.
>
> And many of those software interact between each other using closed
> source protocols, you only get things like "work with Telus Health
> Solution".
>
> And the last part of the "analysis" you ask.
>
> In most office today, you don't own your computer, at least in USA,
> Canada... and part of Europe.
>
> You rent the computer and this include tech support, the software you
> request. If something goes bad, on a 24/7 service they get to your
> place, change your computer and put a new one. Because the system does a
> continuous sync with the server.
>
> https://www.telus.com/en/health/health-professionals/clinics/
>
> If you want more info, ask...
> I've paid for Telus Health until mid 2017 ;-)

Right!
So, you have comprehensively investigated all of these:

https://www.goodfirms.co/blog/best-free-open-source-Electronic-Medical-Records-software-solutions

https://www.thesmbguide.com/free-electronic-medical-records-software

https://sourceforge.net/directory/business-enterprise/enterprise/medhealth/os:linux/

And, if I had hand equipment that insisted on interacting only with a
specific type of software, I'd be looking at replacing that.
That's how Windows works (and Mac), creating dependency.
Go along with it, and you deserve it.

> And because I like software, I do development, I would have liked to
> develop a open solution...

Plenty of raw material and code, there.
Grab what ideas you like/need, and stitch them togther.

--
`When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty'
-- Thomas Jefferson