Re: [OT] Selling beer (was: Re: Working for free [was: Offensive variable names])

On 7/14/21 5:02 PM, Charlie Gibbs wrote:
On Tue Jul 13 16:50:38 2021 Michael Lange <klappnase@freenet.de> wrote:

> here (Germany) we still have those TV ads for beer, and I can assure
> you that the advertised brands (its not up to me to decide whether
> they are rubbish or not) are the ones that are available virtually
> everywhere, so I believe that it is safe to assume that they are
> also the brands that sell.
> So yes, unfortunately at least in some cases advertisements apparently
> pay.

If they didn't pay, companies would have stopped sinking vast amounts
of effort and expense into them a century ago.

In the football EM there was some advertising for some beer.

They seem to be OK-ish. But I've tasted them just once I think.

Here in Germany, near Munich, we have a beer brand (from Munich) which doesn't advertise but is the "standard beer" all around :-)

regards,
chris