Re: Buster no release file

On Sb, 10 iul 21, 18:44:47, Greg Wooledge wrote:

> I was going to link you to the DebianBuster wiki page where I had put
> the standard sources.list for buster, but it appears someone doesn't
> want you to have that information.
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianBuster?action=diff&rev2=23&rev1=22

According to the diff the information was replaced with a pointer to the
release information for buster on the website.

Seems to me like an attempt to avoid duplication (which can easily
result in information get out of sync)[1].

My (probably biased) view is that also the NewIn<Release> pages are
duplicating a lot of information that either belongs in the Release
Notes (please file bugs against the package 'release-notes') or is
already included there.

Is such duplication really helpful?

If the Release Notes are unsuitable for whatever purpose, what can be
done to make them better?

Kind regards,
Andrei