Re: Buster no release file

On Sat, Jul 10, 2021 at 03:28:27PM -0700, kris wrote:
> Long version of error message in activities software.
> Unable to dowmload updates: Failed to update cache: E: the
> repository /cdrom://Debian GNU/ Linux 10.10.0-Buster_-Official amd64 DVD
> Binary-1 2021069-16:12 Buster Release does not have release file.

Unless you have a specific reason to keep trying to pull packages
from your DVD, you should probably just remove those lines, and replace
them with regular Internet sources.

> I should note i have seperate swap var partitions.

Irrelevant.

> etc/apt/source.list.d is empty. I have attached sources.list
>

> #
>
> # deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 10.10.0 _Buster_ - Official amd64 DVD Binary-1 20210619-16:12]/ buster contrib main
>
> deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 10.10.0 _Buster_ - Official amd64 DVD Binary-1 20210619-16:12]/ buster contrib main
>
> deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 10.10.0 _Buster_ - Official amd64 DVD Binary-2 20210619-16:12]/ buster contrib main
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib

You've got an Internet source for the security updates, so if that's
going to work, you should be able to use an Internet source for the
regular packages as well.

Remove all of the cdrom: lines (unless, as I said, you *really* need
to use them for some reason, and have made arrangements for the DVD
to be mounted at need), and replace them with a standard buster source.

I was going to link you to the DebianBuster wiki page where I had put
the standard sources.list for buster, but it appears someone doesn't
want you to have that information.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianBuster?action=diff&rev2=23&rev1=22

You can thank the person who goes by the name PaulWise for making your
Debian wiki a less informative and less useful place.

I *REALLY* and truly hate assholes like that.