Re: Un/Safe mixtures for Debian releases and suites [was: Re: Vulkan with Radeon RX 5700 XT]

Thank you for the detailed response, Andrei.

On Sat, 2021-07-10 at 21:18 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>    Testing doesn't have any direct security support

Is that 100% true?  I was originally referring to
http://security.debian.org/debian-security/dists/testing-security
when I was talking about "testing security updates".  I understand that most
mirrors don't contain this suite, but it seems to be working pretty well along
with the "main" mirror I am using for testing updates (i.e. one that is closer
in proximity).

Perhaps mixing mirrors is a bad practice, but I haven't run into any issues for
the past week since I started using this apt configuration.

> > I wanted to do the same thing with getting testing security updates into
> > unstable, but I didn't think that was wise (plus it's the other way
> > direction).
>
> It's unclear to me what exactly you meant with this, but I think I
> addressed it above anyway.

Yes, you did.  Plus it wouldn't make sense to pull the testing-security suite I
mentioned above into unstable, would it?

--
Best regards,

Brian