Re: MTA (DMARC)

Hi,

On 2021-07-10 3:46 a.m., Reco wrote:
> 	Hi.
>
> On Fri, Jul 09, 2021 at 04:24:42PM -0400, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I've wrote a message regarding my MTA.
>>
>> I was thinking it's corrected but...
>>
>> Here what I got from the Debian mailing list server
>> Got some idea ?
>
> Your MTA signs these headers:

>         Resent-From:Resent-Sender:Resent-To:Resent-Cc:Resent-Message-ID:List-Id:
>         List-Help:List-Unsubscribe:List-Subscribe:List-Post:List-Owner:List-Archive;
>
> Of those at least these headers are modified by the list software:
>
>         Resent-From:Resent-Sender:Resent-To:Resent-Cc:Resent-Message-ID:List-Id:
>         List-Help:List-Unsubscribe:List-Subscribe:List-Post:List-Owner:List-Archive;
>
> Thus DKIM checks of your e-mails are bound to fail.

I am currently using the email provided by my shared hosting.
For me it's somewhat complex to manage the setup of a email server, even
if I do also rent a bare metal server in a data center.

The installation of software itself is not the problem but I'm worried
it would expose my system to more risk.

I'd need to play a deployment carefully.

> I use this set of headers to sign for this list:
>
> In-Reply-To:Content-Type:MIME-Version:References:Message-ID:Subject:To:From:Date:Sender:Cc:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-ID:Content-Description:User-Agent
>
> It contains everything that's valuable in headers of my e-mails, and my
> e-mails to this list usually pass DKIM checks.

I don't know if I can modify those header myself, I'd need to do some
research on what part of the header is set by my client and which part
is done by the server provided to me by Namecheap

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside