Re: badblocks

Cindy Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> writes:

> One caveat is that the "dual" docking stations that have the clone
> ability may be easy to trigger into an irreversible clone that
> destroys data on the second hard drive. I'd seen someone complain
> about that in their product review.

I suppose. I also have one of these docks with a clone button in
front. It also has a selector switch marked "clone" and "pm" in the
back. The little slip of instructions for it says it won't clone if it's
in the "pm" mode, whatever that means. Play mode? Post meridiem?-)
Also, one needs to bump the clone button twice to start cloning. Seems
like there has been feedback about accidental cloning.

Anyways, I've never tried the clone function nor had more than one drive
plugged in since the few times I've needed it I've copied or imaged to an
internal drive.