Re: MTA (corrected)

Hi,

On 2021-07-05 1:07 p.m., Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 05, 2021 at 01:00:07PM -0400, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
>> On 2021-07-05 12:46 p.m., Greg Wooledge wrote:
>>> unicorn:~$ host _dc-mx.f1202d9a4fb3.cyrania.com.
>>> _dc-mx.f1202d9a4fb3.cyrania.com has address 162.213.253.79
>>> Host _dc-mx.f1202d9a4fb3.cyrania.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
>
>> What you wrote (dc-mx) is not a underscore.
>
> Is your mail user agent doing some sort of markdown processing, by
> chance?  Maybe you aren't seeing what's actually being written.  If
> that's the case, it's only adding to your problems.
>
> The output of "host -t mx cyrania.com." on my machine includes a hostname
> that begins with an underscore.  underscore dee cee hyphen em ex.
> This hostname (including its leading underscore) appears on each of the
> three lines in the quoted text above.
>
> If you aren't seeing it, then something's wrong.
>
> If you doubt my output, go ahead and run your own tests, on a machine
> under your own control.

Oh ! Sorry, my mistake.
You get those domain when you run host on your computer but didn't see
them on the dump I've copied here ?

I got it now by simply doing the same operation you did.
I notice something that sound strange...
When I configured my domain, I've said the mail exchange (MX) is
mail.cyrania.com and when I run host -t mx this give me something
different. And the answer start with a underscore like you have noticed.

I'll switch back to using the "plain" DNS offered by my hosting provider
and see what it give out.

I really don't have real need for Cloudflare, except some expectation it
would give a bit more speed to my server thru the work on automatic caching.

I'll send you a message when it's done.
I got a bit of work to do now, will do so later today.

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside