Re: Debian Linux keyboard mapping files ...

On Sun, Jul 04, 2021 at 03:34:22PM -0400, Albretch Mueller wrote:
> On 7/4/21, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Fri 02 Jul 2021 at 02:24:20 (-0400), Albretch Mueller wrote:
> >>  David Chartash at the corpora research mailing list pointed out to me
> >> I could find what I wanted at:
> >>
> >>  http://kbdlayout.info/
> >
> > That's for Windows, isn't it.
>
>  Yes, but at the end of the day the written characters in a text is
> what matters to my line of work.

Some day he's going to tell us what he's trying to do, and it's going
to turn out not only to be completely off-topic, but also the biggest
X-Y problem of the year.

If the analysis of characters inside a text file is "what matters", then
any investigation into how various operating systems and windowing
systems handle keyboard input is completely irrevelant.  Just read the
files.