Re: How to verify newly burned disc

> The first hit at ebay.de when searching for "m-disc dvd" shows an offer
> for 10 4.7 GB discs at 85.11 € + 7.31 € for shipping from Japan :-)
[...]
> There is also an offer from Australia, 5 discs for "~" 21.74 € + ~ 42.97

Hmm... so that's in the order of about 1 €/GB
>From a quick look at SSD and uSD prices, it seems flash memory is about
an order of magnitude cheaper (and also a lot more convenient to
write :-) ).

I wonder if "archival quality" really serves its purpose here.  I mean,
I understand that flash is not reliable in the long term, but there's
also the problem of making sure you'll still have a working DVD reader
in the future.

I thought the only reliable way to archive digital data would be to
treat preservation as a *process*, where you "refresh" your archive
every N years by copying it over to a newer media (with enough
redundancy to detect and correct errors that may have crept in during
those N years).

        Stefan