Re: Ibus info needed

Yes, that's the one.  Thanks, IL KA,  I went through it again

and still the only thing I'm getting from the info is that Ibus handles different language inputs (characters) which isn't really needed if English is used and is pretty much already taken care of in Debian and other distributions regardless of Ibus. But, it may be useful to me if I intended to generate my own alphabet with a proprietary character set or if I wanted to digitize my Dick Tracy Decoder Ring. I'll remove it and see what happens.

I've been on and off this list since the mid-90's where being subscribed meant there were dozens of posts and replies in the time I've been subscribed today, which is about 3 hours. Traffic appears to have fallen off, off-topic discussion, whatever that topic was advertised to be, appears to be, well, off-topic and more about behavior and language of the posters instead of valid questions and answers. Too bad, used to be a good problem solving source. Maybe it went elsewhere.

Tony