Re: Buster on Win 10 Problems

On 6/29/2021 9:07 PM, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:

On 06/29/2021 12:46 PM, ellanios82 wrote:
On 6/29/21 6:36 PM, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
have dual booted platforms in the past, and would prefer not to do so
to solve the problems

 - juz sayin'  : some years back , i had need for a Windows program :
put Virtual-Box on Linux desktop : result was Alfa-Alfa-Perfect . . .
no probs whatsoever : terrific  !!

 regards

.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. As a matter of fact I have just
that on my main platform, running Buster. I can't say that I'm impressed
with the performance.

However, I need to put a suite of Computational Chemistry programs on my
Win 10 Laptop, both as a backup for my main platform and for traveling.

Can't you have all required applications working on Linux?
One option would be to have linux on your laptop and Windows as a VM.

I find Qemu with KVM(linux) or haxx (Windows) better than virtualbox.

That would take sometime to set up but would be less time consuming then
trying to to compile linux stuff on Windows.

--
John Doe