Re: Can MATE DE be attractive as well as functional

On 6/26/21 1:30 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
Can icons placed on desktop be in a regular geometric pattern.
I think it tries to do that. But over the years I've had differing monitor geometries. Does operator have any control over where next icon is placed?
to my knowledge no.

there is the "organize by name" function and the "keep aligned" toggle.
yes, it would be handy to have new icons fall in a more predictable location.

Just curious ;/
TIA