Re: Debian stable - updates

On Sa, 26 Jun 2021, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> [1] unless you're one of those still running dist-upgrade for every
> security update, just because `apt-get` doesn't install new packages by
> default.

Actually, I'm one of those running on testing, since I believe it's stable
enough for my workflow on a desktop (I snapshot the / and /home volumes
before any upgrade, but in about 5 years I never had to rollback).

I didn't mean that tracking stable instead of buster is what everybody
wants, just that it is a possibility, especially on desktop, provided you
have backups (which you should have anyway).

Best regards
--
Francesco Florian