Re: Debian stable - updates

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 03:06:57PM +0200, Christian wrote:
> Hi Doc Evans,
>
> thanks a lot for your reply.
>
> That´s great news indeed.
> The fact that Debian stable is rock solid is a great asset in itself. So
> together with security updates it will surely make for a fine production
> system especially for older
> computers like my Lenovo H520e desktop.
>
> Thank you for clarifying the matter for me.
>
> Many greetings and keep safe.
> Rosika

Debian stable is tested over a couple of years before release and gets
security support. It's not the latest and greatest, major changes every six
months, supported for nine months.

_Today_ - 25th June 2021 - because we're anticipating a stable release in ~6
weeks - I might suggest installing that release when it comes out. If you don't and install
Debian 10.10 - Buster - today, then Debian 11 [Bullseye] will come along at
the end of July if the release goes to plan.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater