Re: cdrskin: burn cdda with cue sheet file

Hi,

Michael Lange wrote:
> cdrskin -v -dummy -eject dev=/dev/sr0 -sao speed=10 track1.wav \
>         sao_pregap=75 track2wav sao_pregap=225 track3.wav track4.wav
>
> Is my assumption correct that this will add a 1-second pregap before
> track2 and a 3-second pregap before track3 and no pregap before track4?

I hope so. :))
This stuff was implemented and tested in 2012. But there was few feedback
from users since then. Bit rot is always a risk in such situations. (Last
was in 2019 and caused libburn 1.5.0-1+deb10u1.)

You will have to invest a real medium (CD-RW would avoid plastic waste)
and then check with the actual CD players whether the options fulfilled
your expectations.

If they do not what we expect, then please re-run cdrskin with
additional option -V and redirect standard error to a file. Like:

  cdrskin -V -v ... track4.wav 2>&1 | tee -i /tmp/cdrskin_scsi_log

If you only have CD-R, then use option -dummy. If you have a CD-RW it would
be better to see the SCSI command log of a real burn run.

Send file /tmp/cdrskin_scsi_log to my mail address directly. No need to clog
the list with a large file that mostly contains boring bytes.
The main objects of interest will be the MODE SELECT command with the
Mode Page 5 data and the SEND CUE SHEET command with the cue sheet data.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas