Apparmor messages on LXC container, after host upgrade to buster

Hi all,

This is a copy of a message I posted to lxc-users last week; maybe more people will see it here :-)

I'm getting messages like this after an upgrade of the host from stretch to buster:

Jun 18 12:09:08 postgres kernel: [131022.470073] audit: type=1400 audit(1623974948.239:107): apparmor="DENIED" operation="mount" info="failed flags match" error=-13 profile="lxc-container-default-cgns" name="/" pid=15558 comm="(ionclean)" flags="rw, rslave"

I've seen several similar things from web searches, such as this from the lxc-users list, 5 years ago:

https://lxc-users.linuxcontainers.narkive.com/3t0leW0p/apparmor-denied-messages-in-the-logs

The suggestion seems to be that it doesn't matter, as long as mounts are actually working ok (all filesystems seem to be mounted).

But if the mounts are working, what triggers the error? If the mounts are set up outside the container, why is the container trying to mount anything? There's nothing in /etc/fstab in the container.

In case it's relevant, /var/lib/lxc/<container>/rootfs is a mount on the host, for all containers. All containers have additional mounts defined in the lxc config, and those filesystems are also mounts on the host, living under /guestfs. They're all lvm volumes, with xfs, as are the root filesystems.

Any tips welcome.

Cheers,
Richard