Re: Font color selection in MATE terminal

On 23/6/21 2:39 am, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 02:27:04AM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
On 23/6/21 1:42 am, Greg Wooledge wrote:
There's nothing in .bashrc which controls the terminal's interpretation
of color escape sequences.  Or in bash, anywhere.

Excerpt from .bashrc file:

"

# set a fancy prompt (non-color, unless we know we "want" color)
# case "$TERM" in
#    xterm-color|*-256color) color_prompt=yes;;
# esac

# uncomment for a colored prompt, if the terminal has the capability; turned
# off by default to not distract the user: the focus in a terminal window
# should be on the output of commands, not on the prompt
#force_color_prompt=yes

All of that code is just for setting the shell's prompt.  It has nothing
to do with how the terminal interprets color codes.

Funnily enough, given what you contend, before I commented out the colouring in stuff, when running ls -lh, directory names were displayed in blue text, and, after I commented out the colouring in stuff, running ls -lh, the output was all displayed in black text.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale