Re: A feasible method to add examples to man pages?

On 06/22/2021 06:43 AM, Curt wrote:
On 2021-06-22, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
On 06/22/2021 02:21 AM, Curt wrote:
On 2021-06-22, Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 11:50:22PM +0100, Brian wrote:
On Mon 21 Jun 2021 at 15:25:53 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

On 06/21/2021 02:36 PM, Curt wrote:
    curl https://cht.sh/:cht.sh > ~/bin/cht.sh
                               ^

                               +-- I don't understand that use of :

It's the syntax for "special pages."

Regular usage:

  curl cheat.sh/TOPIC       show cheat sheet on the TOPIC

Special pages:

     :help               help page
     :list               list all cheat sheets
     :post               how to post new cheat sheet
     :cht.sh             shell client (cht.sh)

etc.

So curl cheat.sh/:help

I have Debian 9.13 installed
As root I did
   curl https://cht.sh/:cht.sh > /usr/bin/cht.sh
   chmod +x /usr/bin/cht.sh
Then as normal user did
   cht.sh --standalone-install

I got multiple warning messages including a missing dependency and warning that my Python was too old. I'm in process of installing
Debian 10.7 on another machine. I'll try again this afternoon or tomorrow.
Thanks.