Re: bad fstab entry prevents ssh from starting [where do i file a bugreport?]

Horatiu Nimigean <horatiu@ddnet.io> wrote:

> if one entry in fstab fails, ssh fails to start and the vps/bare metal needs rescue.
> What causes this ? I suspect it's some systemd dependency, that's why I am asking here.

If an entry in /etc/fstab is not marked "nofail", then a failure to mount
will cause the system to go into its rescue mode.

This is expected and usually the right thing to do to prevent a
partially constructed system from starting service which may try to read
or write data from or to the wrong destinations.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.