bad fstab entry prevents ssh from starting [where do i file a bugreport?]

Hi.
https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting told me this is the best place to ask if i am not sure which package causes the problem.

The problem:
if one entry in fstab fails, ssh fails to start and the vps/bare metal needs rescue.
What causes this ? I suspect it's some systemd dependency, that's why I am asking here.
my specific case:
one md array failed to mount. the mountpoint was not vital to ssh functionality. in fact, it had nothing to do with it at all.
/ mounts perfectly fine.
details: debian 10, standard cli install, not sure what else is needed.