Re: Removing messed up folder

Hi,

Gary L. Roach wrote:
> Somehow, I've managed to really mess up the owner and access to a folder.

You are probably not to blame. :))

> The folder looks like this:
> d????????? ? ?    ?      ?            ? doc

What's its full path ?
Is it /run/user/NNN/doc, where NNN is "gary"'s user id number ?

If so, then the reason is the service xdg-document-portal from package
xdg-desktop-portal. A summary is at:

If "doc" appeared somwhere else, then it still might be a FUSE mount point
which was populated by some similar service. We'd have to google then.

> 'access denied'

Did you try as "gary" ? The superuser is not allowed to peek at a FUSE
mount points of other users.
It would be interesting to see whether "gary" can get the usual output
from "ls -ld doc".

Have a nice day :)

Thomas