RE: ISC-DHCP server number of active leases

Hi Dan / list,

>> I am running multiple isc-dhcp servers on Debian Linux.
>> I have several sites with multiple networks and I use the isc-dhcp-server to hand out ip numbers in the various network segments. In most of the networks I have more then enough free ip numbers all the time.
>> However, in some networks I KNOW I regularly hand out far more then 50% of the assigned ip numbers and I have set the default and max-lease-time low enough to free up ip numbers asap.
>> So far so good, I have had no problems this year but... we are growing and people have more mobile devices so I want to know HOW CLOSE I am to running out of free dhcp leases.
>>
>> Which tool can help me getting insight in the number of active dhcp leases. It would be really great if it gave insight including a history of when how many ip numbers were in use at any given time segment.
>> That would show me whether I am getting close to saturation at any given moment in the day.

> apt install dhcpd-pools

That seems to do a lot of what I want, however our current monitoring tool can do stuff a lot easier if it were accessible via SNMP.
It seems there is a tool that can help https://github.com/ohitz/dhcpd-snmp
It is a perl script that I somehow need to hook into the net-snmp tool. Has anyone even done this on a Debian machine, I have not used SNMP on a Debian machine before and have yet to read all the documentation as to how I can install a perl script as an extention. Anyone who can help, please do so. What do I need to focus on at first?

Bonno Bloksma