OT: Strange behavior in Firefox -- google searches start by searching another URL / domain

This is definitely OT and further, I'm using an old version of Firefox (ESR
52.8.0 on Wheezy, which is still my daily driver), but I want to describe the
behavior and see if anybody has seen anything similar, has an explanation, or
has a fix.

The behavior is this: at least sometimes (I can't confirm that it happens every
time) when I go to do a google search, the little message down in the lower
left corner of the screen that typically gives messages like (paraphrased):
~"waiting for google.com" or "loading data from google.com" (with variations
on the URL) sometimes starts with a completely irrelevant URL (but one that I
recognize and that concerns me).

The URL is buckslib.org, which is the URL of a public library (in the US) of
which I am a member.

My concerns include the following:

   * is buckslib.org somehow tracking what I do on google?

   * even if not, this seems to be slowing down my search results

I have experimented with disabling cookies from both https://buckslib.org and
the http:// variation, but that doesn't seem to have an effect.

Any ideas how this could be happening or how to stop it?

(I do plan to write to the administrator at buckslib.org, but I thought I'd
try to do some investigation first (into how this might happen.)

All ideas welcome, including search terms which might be useful to search for
more information on google or such.

Thanks!