Re: thunderbird

I forgot to mention another weak point if using it under KDE Plasma: I did not find how to sync its calendar with the calendar widget of KDE (the calendar popping up when clicking on the clock in the system task bar of KDE Plasma). I never have had need to sync it with other entities and therefore could not state about that compatibility.

Thunderbird is very nice, it is my daily, reliable work horse for IMAP. Taking all weak points together it becomes clear that it is very good as a stand-alone tool, but not so good for interfacing with other tools.

Good Luck! Marco.