Re: Debian-friendly laptop

On 5/18/21 10:49 PM, George Shuklin wrote:
I'm trying to choose between Purism and System76, and, as far as I understand they both supports linux very well, but..

Which one is better? Or, may me I missed and there are other coreboot (no ME) vendors with high-grade Linux support?

I have a negative experience with XPS13 DE (which is shipped with Ubuntu, but even with all tweaks and random sleeps they added to vanilla Ubuntu, is far from perfect in Linux support)...

I asked Purism support the main question and got the main answer: They have a backlog of deliveries and they would be able to ship a new order within 2 months (June-July for order 'right now' to be precise). That leave System76. But they have only models with nvidia available, and we all knows how open are nvidia blobs.

Now, that's become a problem...