Re: How to reference xxxdvd1.iso in sources.list

On 05/12/2021 02:44 PM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 02:05:59PM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
I've seen a reference to using the ISO file of DVDnn in a sources.list .
I remember that it gets identified as being ISO9660 and labeled as
trusted, But I can't find a detailed example. All I find are
references to unpacking the iso to a directory which is then loop
mounted. That's not what I'm looking for.

If I got you right, you want the 'cdrom' schema. See sources.list(5)
man page.

This wiki [1] suggests using apt-cdrom to do the magic for you

HTH, cheers

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/SourcesList#CD-ROM

  - t

But I have an iso file on a disk drive -- be it internal HDD or a USB flash drive.