Re: AppleWEBkit

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 11:37:13AM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> tomas@tuxteam.de [2021-05-12 09:42:33] wrote:
> > On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 03:28:18AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> >> The recent thread involving the mac G5's intrigues me though, so its war
> >> story time:
> >>
> >> We bought a pair of them in a quite graphically capable editing kit for
> >> commercial production, paid $25G's for the pair [...]
> >
> > This G is for "grand", not "giga", right?
>
> And here I was, thinking we were talking about the acceleration you
> experience when the price finally hits you,

;-P

Actually I have the feeling the price *is* part of the
feature, along the lines "I can afford that. Can you?".
Call it perhaps a Stockholm Feature [1] or something.

Of course, a vendor can Stockholm you on dimensions
other than price...

Cheers
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome
 - t