Re: Printing addresses on a #10 envelope (US)?

* On 2021 10 May 15:13 -0500, deloptes wrote:
> I use very often the Apaches OpenOffice 4.1.7 (version ATM) to print
> envelopes. then as suggested I use the manual tray of the HP 420dn which I
> have here to print it. It works OOB. Here is the process
> 1. select the page size Menu -> Format -> Page (Page Format -> Format #10)
> 2. Write the address
> 3. Set the manual tray (1) on the 420dn and insert the envelope
> 4. Print

And right here is where it starts replacing #10 with C5 in the current
LO 7.0.4.2 in Bullseye.

> What you describe looks like issue with margins and why are you trying
> OpenOffice 3.3?! Even my version is already outdated

This goes back some years where I had an old set of spreadsheets
starting in 2003 and carried them forward year to year.  With some newer
version of LO, may have been 5.x, it was doing strange things to those
sheets.  I also had a special work flow I used once per year that worked
in that old version but changes in newer versions of LO resulted in that
it was faster to stuff that old version in /opt and run it from time to
time.

I no longer do either work flow any longer but I just left that old
version there.  My attempt was to see if this may have been a new bug in
LO.  I don't think so as I got the same buggy behavior of it wanting to
use the C5 size rather than #10.  Apparently this is long standing as I
found questions about this very thing going back several years in Web
searches.

Perhaps this has been fixed in AOO and I should try a newer version.

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB