Re: generate a rss.xml from a bunch of HTML files

>> I parsed the question as being about whether the resulting
>> rss.xml would be compatible with the input data, rather
>> than with the rest of the output data generated by the
>> static generator.
>>
>> That is: if you write a set of HTML files completely by
>> hand (using no generators at all), then run a generator
>> over them to produce a rss.xml file, can you drop that file
>> into place in your Website structure and have things
>> Just Work?
>
> Yes, I think so!
>
> There are also other options which have not been mentioned,
> for example, one is, there is for example html2markdown and
> several html2text, maybe one can then do markdown2rss
> or text2rss?

https://github.com/chambln/pandoc-rss

He writes:

  For example I could render two blog articles foo.md and
  bar.md along with the corresponding rss.xml feed using
  something like the following:

  $ pandoc --template=page -o foo.html foo.md
  $ pandoc --template=page -o bar.html bar.md
  $ pandoc-rss foo.md bar.md > rss.xml \
    -t cosine.blue \
    -d 'Blog by Gregory Chamberlain' \
    -l https://cosine.blue \