Re: Intel i810 graphics working as expected in openSUSE Tumbleweed, not in Stretch, Buster or Bullseye

Le 10/05/2021 à 09:28, Felix Miata a écrit :
didier gaumet composed on 2021-05-10 09:13 (UTC+0200):
DRI not working in Debian while working in Opensuse: I would surmise
that is a missing firmware in the former and not in the latter

ii  firmware-linux-free	20200122-1	all	Binary firmware for various drivers in the Linux kernel
ii  firmware-misc-nonfree 20210315-2	all	Binary firmware for various drivers in the Linux kernel
ii  intel-microcode	3.20210216.1	i386	Processor microcode firmware for Intel CPUs

What other firmware could an ancient Intel GPU need?

Sorry for the wrong suggestion: all troubles I have had in the past with DRI not showing with Intel cards were firmware related

To be certain, search for the firmware word in the system logs.

But I think that firmware-misc-nonfree is the needed firmware for Intel graphic cards and you have already installed it

Alexander V. Makartsev have good suggestions in his reply. If it does not work (but I don't think so) you could have to manually specify a DRI section in a Xorg configuration. I have forgotten how to do it but it is probably indicated here:
https://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/