Re: Installing Debian 10.9 Buster on iMac G5 (powerpc)

Hi,

(there is at least one answer which was not Cc'ed to you as follow-up under
)

Pat Pathmanathan wrote:
> I finally managed to install the following image on my iMac G5 :
> [...] debian-10.0.0-ppc64-NETINST-1.iso [...]
> 'Starting Gnome manager'
> (or something to that effect). It then hangs with a black screen and a small
> blinking cursor on the top left corner.
> [...] Any suggestions?

Did you already try the "powerpc" architecture as alternative to "ppc64" ?
  https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/10.0/powerpc/iso-cd/debian-10.0-powerpc-NETINST-1.iso

If this doesn't work either, then i propose again to ask at
  debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Subscribe at
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/

Have a nice day :)