Re: [sid] efibootmgr not working on linux 5.10.x [solved]

pld@sojka.co wrote:
>On 5/6/21 1:10 PM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>
>> This line:
>>
>> efivarfs               16384  0
>>
>> suggests the cause of the problem for you. efibootmgr (and other tools
>> using libefivar) will look into both:
>>
>>   * /sys/firmware/efi/vars (the old, deprecated interface that was
>>     removed in 5.10)
>>   * /sys/firmware/efi/efivars (the new interface, provided by efivarfs)
>>
>> As you have efivarfs loaded but with use-count of 0, that suggests
>> that you don't have the efivarfs pseudo-filesystem mounted. This
>> should normally be automatically mounted on system boot, along with
>> the other pseudo-filesystems like /sys and /proc.
>
>Thanks! Manually mounting solved the problem. Which service is
>responsible for mounting /sys/firmware/efi/efivars?

AFAIK it's normally mounted automatically by systemd on EFI systems,
no service needed. It's considered a core part of the system these
days.

"We're the technical experts.  We were hired so that management could
 ignore our recommendations and tell us how to do our jobs."  -- Mike Andrews