Re: How do I get a copy of log_server_status perl script for apache2?

On Thu, May 06, 2021 at 11:30:25AM -0400, Steve Dondley wrote:

> > So, I guess you would download an upstream Apache source tarball,
> > extract
> > it, and copy the log_server_status script out of the extracted tarball
> > and into /usr/local/bin.  Or wherever you want it.
>
> Interesting. First time I've seen a debian package remove a file like that.
>
> It can also be downloaded here: https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/support/log_server_status.in?view=log
>
> Looks like the shebang line may be modified. It's not in a format I'm
> familiar with.

You're looking at "log_server_status.in" which is meant to be processed
by GNU autoconf to generate the actual log_server_status file.  All of
those @foo@ templates are placeholders that autoconf will replace with
other values.  (It's not just the shebang -- there are more.)

So, I guess copying it out of the source tree might have been a naive
suggestion.  You'll at least have to run the ./configure script in a way
that matches how the Debian package is built, and then probably build
most, or all, of Apache itself, in order to get a working perl script.

(Either that, or perform all of the substitutions by hand.)